Thursday, May 7, 2015

My Family..My Life

I want to tell you about my family. I am in my 30's, and I am a returning student to PVAMU. I graduated high school in 2001. I have been an on again and off again student due to what I like to call LIFE. I have two amazing children, and due to having to raise them I had to stop school a few times to maintain work.  I am finally back again and focused on graduating. I have a slight problem with procrastination, its easy to blame it on having to take care of a family, but it is an excuse. A good one, but an excuse. My children inspire me to be a success. My daughter who is 9, is always talking about what she's gonna be when she grows up. I encourage her to be whatever she wants, but I feel like I need to be an example as well. It has been difficult getting back into the routine of homework, and taking care of home, but with the grace of God I hope to accomplish great things.  The best advice I have been given is to not give up. I quit my full time job to return back to school, and am just doing a part time job for now, my mother has been God sent, so I am lucky to have the support.  I hope to make them proud one day.  If anyone else who may be in my situation needs motivation to return to school, useful reasons can be found at the link provided.Returning Back To College

No comments:

Post a Comment