Thursday, May 7, 2015

Social Media Tools From ECED 3043

The Social Media Tools that I have been using in this course have been interesting. I was on guard about some the social media tools but as I went through the steps of using them the process was smoother than I had imagined. The Google Drawing Presentation in my opinion was simple and quick. I like  those type of presentations. The Prezi was more time consuming, and more difficult to maneuver through for me, but the end results are amazing. My experience with Prezi is minimal, only from using it in this class, but I was able to preview some amazing Prezi's that more experienced individuals had created. I did also enjoy the Powtoon website. I thought the animations were interesting, and students of any age would enjoy having the teacher present a lecture that way. My daughter was near by watching me make the Powtoon, and she thought it was great. Of course, she thinks everything I design is great, because I'm mom. :) She was so inspired she asked me to let her teachers know about it, because that's how she wants to learn lessons in the future.  Twitter is a great social media tool, because you can see the interesting, and inspiring tweets for organizations, and individuals throughout the world who I share similar interest with. Pinterest, oh how I love Pinterest. In my opinion the creator of Pinterest is a genius. It has everything you may need from a-z. If you cant find something on Pinterest, it probably doesn't exist. Pinterest: How To
Overall, I enjoyed learning all these new social media tools. I plan to bring some of them into my future classroom to keep my students engaged in learning in a new, and  creative way.


No comments:

Post a Comment